This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.3136 / 51°18'48"N
Longitude: -0.0561 / 0°3'21"W
OS Eastings: 535578
OS Northings: 158960
OS Grid: TQ355589
Mapcode National: GBR JQ.2JR
Mapcode Global: VHGRZ.Z77T
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 21 September 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1188033
English Heritage Legacy ID: 287670
Location: Warlingham, Tandridge, Surrey, CR6
Civil Parish: Warlingham
Built-Up Area: Warlingham
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Warlingham/ Chelsham and Farleigh
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
TQ 35NE CATERHAM & WARLINGHAM CHURCH ROAD,
FORMER URBAN DISTRICT WARLINGHAM
3/15 Church of All Saints
Church. 1250, restored in 1857 by G. Scott and in 1887 by P.M. Johnston; south
aisle and bellchamber added in 1893. Flint rubble with stone dressings, rendered
on east end and north wall; plain tiled roof with tile hung bellchamber above
under gilt and iron weathervane. Nave including baptistry to west, south porch
and aisle with chancel to east and vestry addition to north. C13 and renewed
lancet windows to north, one 2-light perpendicular window on north and south walls.
C14 east window renewed by J.O. Scott. Gabled wooden porch with cusped bargeboards,
original stone door surround of south door rebuilt in restoration.
Interior: 5 bay south aisle arcade on compound piers of quatrofoil section.
Restored single space nave and chancel with chancel floor lower by c6 inches. Tie
beam roof one beam with billet decoration in chancel.
Fittings: Trefoil arched piscina and sedelia on south chancel wall, further
piscina opposite to north. Octagonal C15 stone font on central stem with sunk
quatrofoil panels to sides.
Wall painting: St. Christopher carrying Christ. C16 on north nave wall.
Monuments: North chancel wall. Dedicated to Elizabeth Tyler 1772. Grey and white
stone, fluted pilaster strips to sides of rectangular panel, draped oval urn above;
shield and foliage in apron below.
South window in east bay of nave contains stained glass depicting the presentation
of the first English Prayer Book to King Edward VI by Archbishop Cranmer, commemorating
the legend that the book was read for the first time by Cranmer in this church.
Listing NGR: TQ3557858960
Other nearby listed buildings