History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Mary

A Grade II Listed Building in Elmbridge, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.3805 / 51°22'49"N

Longitude: -0.3169 / 0°19'0"W

OS Eastings: 517231

OS Northings: 165953

OS Grid: TQ172659

Mapcode National: GBR 7B.W7W

Mapcode Global: VHGRG.GKBJ

Entry Name: Church of St Mary

Listing Date: 29 March 1973

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1188093

English Heritage Legacy ID: 286623

Location: Elmbridge, Surrey, KT6

County: Surrey

District: Elmbridge

Town: Elmbridge

Electoral Ward/Division: Long Ditton

Built-Up Area: Kingston upon Thames

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Long Ditton

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in
Long Ditton

Listing Text

TQ 16NE BOROUGH OF ELI13RIDGE CHURCH ROAD

Long Ditton

3/54 Church of St. Mary
29.3.73

GV II

Church. 1880 by G.E. Street. Buff covered coursed marble stone with Bath stone
dressings; plain tiled roofs, slate over south aisle. Dressed stone twin bellcote
to east gable of nave. Roughly cruciform with galbed porch to north and vestry
to south east. 2-light aisle windows with cill band, 3-light to clerestory. 2
windows to west end with panel tracery. Arched plank doors to north and south
wing with C-strap hinges.
Interior: 3 bay nave arcade on round piers to west, quatrefoil pier to centre of
south arcade, octagonal pier to centre of north arcade. Full height chancel arch.
Fitting: stone pulpit, mullion and transomed panels, stone dado screen with iron
railings above across the chancel. Marble bowl font with 8 concave sides on
columned stem. Reredos: 1930.
Monuments: South transept,east wall: Late brass. 1527. To Robert Castleton and wife.
Taken from the old demolished church.


Listing NGR: TQ1723165953

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.