History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stable Block, 60 Metres to North East of Entrance Front of Weston Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Blymhill and Weston-under-Lizard, Staffordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6929 / 52°41'34"N

Longitude: -2.2865 / 2°17'11"W

OS Eastings: 380735

OS Northings: 310622

OS Grid: SJ807106

Mapcode National: GBR 06Q.4QT

Mapcode Global: WH9D5.VKDW

Entry Name: Stable Block, 60 Metres to North East of Entrance Front of Weston Hall

Listing Date: 16 May 1953

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1188130

English Heritage Legacy ID: 271629

Location: Blymhill and Weston-under-Lizard, South Staffordshire, Staffordshire, TF11

County: Staffordshire

District: South Staffordshire

Civil Parish: Blymhill and Weston-under-Liza

Built-Up Area: Weston-under-Lizard

Traditional County: Staffordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire

Church of England Parish: Weston-under-Lizard St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Kiddemore Green

Listing Text

SJ 81 SW WESTON UNDER LIZARD C.P. WESTON PARK.

4/44 Stable Block, 60 m to
16.5.53 North East of entrance
front of Weston Hall

GV II

Stables, dated 1688 with later additions. Red brick, stone dressings;
hipped Westmorland slate roof with coved eaves cornice. Classical style
'U' shaped plan around stableyard; 2 storey 4-2-4 front in C19 casements,
pedimented centre projection, flanked by quoins; central doorway with even
quoins up to shouldered surround and cornice, reduced pediment; cartouche
over and sundial in main tympanum with wrought iron finial. Two blind
arches to right, C19 additions to North side. Massive sandstone lintols
to doors on East and West sides; dated and inscribed " T and E W 1688" on a
rainwater head. Interior: Partially complete stable fittings with curved
timber dividing rails.


Listing NGR: SJ8073510622

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.