This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6237 / 52°37'25"N
Longitude: -1.7684 / 1°46'6"W
OS Eastings: 415776
OS Northings: 302911
OS Grid: SK157029
Mapcode National: GBR 4FH.HQJ
Mapcode Global: WHCH2.T93X
Entry Name: Church of St Bartholomew
Listing Date: 27 February 1964
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1188166
English Heritage Legacy ID: 272655
Location: Hints, Lichfield, Staffordshire, B78
Civil Parish: Hints
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Hints St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SK 10 SE HINTS C.P. SCHOOL LANE
Church of St. Bartholomew
Parish church. 1882-3 by John Oldrid Scott for Mr Chadwick, a cotton
merchant. Yellow sandstone with red sandstone dressings; tiled roofs
with belfry rising at division of nave and chancel. Nave, south porch,
chancel and vestry to north. Early English style and of a very compact
nature. Nave of three bays buttressed at angles, lancets, paired to
eastern bay with a string running at springing level; the west end
has four lancets; steeply gabled porch with deeply moulded pointed
arch on impost band. Chancel divided from nave by a stocky buttress
(rising up to support the belfry), only marginally lower and nearly
two thirds the length of the nave of three bays, banded at cill and
springing and stepped-up to east bay; triple stepped lancets to east
end; gabled vestry of one bay attached to north-west side. Interior:
nave has a trussed rafter roof with a single King post truss to centre,
pointed chancel arch and trussed rafter chancel roof. Pulpit: delicate
low relief carving (three sides of an octagon) set on marble columns.
Font set at west end; octagonal on clustered marble columns. Four
plaques to the Lawley family 1779-1851 on the nave walls. B.O.E. p.148.
Listing NGR: SK1577602911
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings