This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7478 / 52°44'51"N
Longitude: -1.4641 / 1°27'50"W
OS Eastings: 436269
OS Northings: 316817
OS Grid: SK362168
Mapcode National: GBR 6H0.NNJ
Mapcode Global: WHDHS.H60B
Entry Name: Eastern Buildings at Ashby De La Zouch Boys' Grammar School
Listing Date: 29 September 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1188260
English Heritage Legacy ID: 187616
Location: Ashby-de-la-Zouch, North West Leicestershire, Leicestershire, LE65
District: North West Leicestershire
Civil Parish: Ashby-de-la-Zouch
Built-Up Area: Ashby-de-la-Zouch
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Ashby-de-la-Zouch St Helen
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
5306 LEICESTER ROAD
Eastern buildings at
Ashby de la Zouch
Boys' Grammar School
SK 3616 1/191
1880. Rusticated stone with plinth, eaves cornice and blocking course and tiled
roof. 1 storey. Northern elevation of 10 bays, the western one advanced under
gable with quatrefoil vent and 4-light window with mullions and transoms. Remaining windows of 2 and 3 lights, each with mullions and transom. Buttresses between windows except 2 eastern ones. End eastern bay occupied by tower, corner buttresses with pinnacles, string courses, louvred top windows and Tudor arched entrance on each side with shield above northern arch. Tower has gabled tiled roof with parapet below clock in north gable. Eastern facade plainer. 4 gables with quatrefoil vents and end advanced section of 3 bays with centre gable. All windows with mullions and transoms.
Listing NGR: SK3626916817
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings