This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1066 / 53°6'23"N
Longitude: -1.89 / 1°53'24"W
OS Eastings: 407458
OS Northings: 356611
OS Grid: SK074566
Mapcode National: GBR 366.8YV
Mapcode Global: WHBCK.Y54Q
Entry Name: Bank House
Listing Date: 15 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1188316
English Heritage Legacy ID: 274412
Location: Butterton, Staffordshire Moorlands, Staffordshire, ST13
District: Staffordshire Moorlands
Civil Parish: Butterton
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Butterton St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SK 05 NE BUTTERTON CP BUTTERTON
351/4/58 Bank House
Farmhouse. Mid C18. Right bay added c1800. Later additions and late C20 alterations. Coursed and squared rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings; plain tile roof with coped verges on kneelers. Gable and ridge stacks. 2 storeys; 2 window range.
Rusticated ashlar doorcase to left, with lintel as voussoirs and late C20 half-glazed door. To right, 2 windows on each floor, with stone surrounds and flush mullions, all with late C20 glazing bar sashes. Lean-to rear projection with a similar window to the ground floor. Right gable has late C20 door to right, and above, a small square window with stone surround. Small lean-to addition to right.
INTERIOR:Ground floor has original spine beam and joists in the centre, and exposed pine joists at the east end. Tudor arched stone fireplace surround. Double purlin common rafter roofs, that to east with pine purlins, with late C20 ceilings.
Listing NGR: SK0745856611
Other nearby listed buildings