This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8571 / 52°51'25"N
Longitude: -1.6869 / 1°41'12"W
OS Eastings: 421180
OS Northings: 328885
OS Grid: SK211288
Mapcode National: GBR 5D1.SFG
Mapcode Global: WHCFZ.2G02
Entry Name: The Charity Offices
Listing Date: 26 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1188397
English Heritage Legacy ID: 273485
Location: Tutbury, East Staffordshire, Staffordshire, DE13
District: East Staffordshire
Civil Parish: Tutbury
Built-Up Area: Tutbury
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Tutbury St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
5369 TUTBURY DUKE STREET
SK 2028 4/29 (north side)
The Charity Offices
1844. Locally known as the 'Soup House', as a soup kitchen was instituted here in
1901. Brick with stone dressings. Two storeys. Of 3 bays, the central slightly
projecting; sash windows with stone lintels and sills. Stone bands. Plain stone
doorcase with cornice hood on consoles and vertical ribbed door. Moulded brick
eaves. Hipped slate roof.
Listing NGR: SK2118028885
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings