This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8572 / 52°51'25"N
Longitude: -1.6856 / 1°41'8"W
OS Eastings: 421266
OS Northings: 328898
OS Grid: SK212288
Mapcode National: GBR 5D1.ST1
Mapcode Global: WHCFZ.2FLZ
Entry Name: Dog and Partridge Hotel
Listing Date: 17 September 1952
Last Amended: 26 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1188498
English Heritage Legacy ID: 273500
Location: Tutbury, East Staffordshire, Staffordshire, DE13
District: East Staffordshire
Civil Parish: Tutbury
Built-Up Area: Tutbury
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Tutbury St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
5369 TUTBURY HIGH STREET
SK 2028 4/20 (south-east side)
Dog and Partridge
(formerly listed as
Dog and Partridge
II * GV
Originally a coaching inn. Probably late C15-early C16 with C18 flanking wings.
Timber-framed with closely set vertical members and brick infilling on stone base.
Red brick wings and additions. Tiled roofs. The main block of 3 storeys and attic
with oversail at first storey and of 3 bays with leaded casement windows. The wings
have casement and sash windows. The brickwork is painted except for the north-east
gable end of the main block. Bay window at ground storey. Two modern gabled
dormers. Modern additions and doorway on north-west side. Interior much altered
but retains some exposed ceiling beams.
Listing NGR: SK2126628898
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings