This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6609 / 52°39'39"N
Longitude: -1.6497 / 1°38'59"W
OS Eastings: 423786
OS Northings: 307072
OS Grid: SK237070
Mapcode National: GBR 5GL.3QW
Mapcode Global: WHCGY.MCMZ
Entry Name: Statfold Hall
Listing Date: 29 October 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1188511
English Heritage Legacy ID: 272822
Location: Thorpe Constantine, Lichfield, Staffordshire, B79
Civil Parish: Thorpe Constantine
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Clifton Campville St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SK 20 NW THORPE CONSTANTINE C.P. STATFOLD
5/69 Statfold Hall
Small country house. Mainly circa 1700, incorporating some earlier
material, major alterations and additions of 1777 and 1819. Red brick;
hipped slate roofs; brick ridge stacks. Principal alignment roughly
north-south facing south, south wing aligned east-west; further extensions
to the rear, and an octagonal stair turret at the north-east corner.
West front: 2 storeys with stone plinth and low stone coped parapet
incorporating a suggested pediment above the entrance bay. 2-bay south
wing of 1819 to the right with blind panels above the first floor windows,
and an oversailing eaves cornice. Main 3-bay house to the left recessed
between two 3-light bay windows of 1777. Mainly glazing bar sashes
with gauged brick heads, those in the central recess have been replaced
by large pane sashes but retain the original surrounds, including flush
faced sash boxes, the first floor windows of both bays have dripstone
bands. Central brick porch with 6-panelled 2-leaf door within a stone
surround, and a stone cornice with scrolled decorative motif above
the entrance. South front: 2 storeys with oversailing eaves cornice;
6 bays, glazing bar sashes. North-east stair turret: probably late
C17. Red brick (Flemish bond). Stepped eaves band and hipped roof.
At the top of the turret each side has a small segmental headed window.
At the base is a lintel dated "F.W. 1681", this was moved from elsewhere
to its present position in 1939 when the north wing of 1819 was demolished.
Interior: staircase of 1819 with decorative wrought iron balustrade.
Statfold Hall has been the home of the Wolferston family since 1565.
Listing NGR: SK2378607072
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings