This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4874 / 51°29'14"N
Longitude: 0.1701 / 0°10'12"E
OS Eastings: 550763
OS Northings: 178725
OS Grid: TQ507787
Mapcode National: GBR RX.5JH
Mapcode Global: VHHNL.WWR4
Entry Name: Parish Church of St John the Baptish
Listing Date: 20 May 1953
Last Amended: 17 December 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1188560
English Heritage Legacy ID: 198724
Location: Bexley, London, DA8
Electoral Ward/Division: Erith
Built-Up Area: Bexley
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Erith St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
Parish Church of
St John the Baptist
(formerly listed as
Church of St John)
TQ 5078 6/1 20.5.53
Nave, chancel and west tower, largely C12 with some older work incorporated:
later windows. South aisle C13; south chapel C15-16. Flint and stone walls.
Nave arcade of 3 short round piers and double-chamfered arches. Heavy restoration
in 1877, by Habershon and Pite, architects, included addition of south porch
and north chapel and aisle. South chapel east window by Kempe 1905. C15 and
C16 brasses. C16 and C17 monuments. In churchyard, monuments and tombs include
memorials to John Harris, 1752 and to George William Brown, 1848. Wooden lychgate
to south, not of special interest.
Listing NGR: TQ5076378725
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings