This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.2658 / 51°15'56"N
Longitude: -0.1538 / 0°9'13"W
OS Eastings: 528898
OS Northings: 153465
OS Grid: TQ288534
Mapcode National: GBR JHP.HYL
Mapcode Global: VHGS4.9G10
Entry Name: Court Cottage the Old Manor
Listing Date: 19 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1188953
English Heritage Legacy ID: 289401
Location: Reigate and Banstead, Surrey, RH1
District: Reigate and Banstead
Town: Reigate and Banstead
Electoral Ward/Division: Merstham
Built-Up Area: Redhill
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Merstham
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
The Old Manor
and Court Cottage
TQ 2853 SE 3/100 19.10.51.
Originally one residence, though of 2 builds. The southern part, now The Old
Manor, is a timber framed house, probably C17, re-fronted in red brick, with a
1st floor band, in C18. 2 plastered gables, the bay beneath the left one flanked
by pilasters. Tiled roof, old bargeboards to 2nd gable. Modern casement windows.
Court Cottage is largely an early C20 addition, made to harmonise with the old
house, by Paxton Watson. 2 storeys, 2 windows, the right one rising into a gable.
Stone rubble with red brick dressings. Half hipped, tiled roof. Door under cornice
hood on brackets. The old manor has a set back pent porch at left and an added
ground floor canted bay.
The Old Manor, Court Cottage, North Cottage, St Nicholas Cottage, Priors' Mead,
and the Walls and Gate Piers to south-east of Priors' Mead form a group.
Listing NGR: TQ2889853462
Other nearby listed buildings