This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.196 / 51°11'45"N
Longitude: -0.64 / 0°38'24"W
OS Eastings: 495124
OS Northings: 144963
OS Grid: SU951449
Mapcode National: GBR FCV.T65
Mapcode Global: VHFVS.V6JH
Entry Name: Hartsmere Cottage
Listing Date: 14 June 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1188954
English Heritage Legacy ID: 288394
Location: Shackleford, Guildford, Surrey, GU7
Civil Parish: Shackleford
Built-Up Area: Godalming
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Shackleford and Peper Harow
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 94 SE SHACKLEFORD CP SUMMERS LANE
8/137 Hartsmere Cottage
Cottage. C16, refaced and extended in C19, extension to left dated 1807.
Timber framed with rubblestone infilling to end left, mortar rendered
brick cladding to entrance front and sandstone rubble and brick extensions
to rear. Plain tiled roof under ridge cresting.
Old entrance front (to rear): two storeys with stone coped parapet partly
obscuring the roof. Four 16-pane glazing bar sash windows with cambered
heads to first floor left of centre, roughcast angle bay to right with
wooden entablature to top floor and continuous leaded casement fenestration.
One cambered head leaded first floor casement window to right end with
tripartite sash window to ground floor left. Two glazing bar sash windows
to centre of ground floor, with large wood-mullioned and transomed leaded
casement under pediment in angle bay and one cambered head glazing bar
sash window to right. Half-glazed door to left of centre in architrave
surround. End stack to left and front ridge stack to right of centre
with further end ridge stack to right.
Rear: (now entrance front) gabled wing to right, central roof hipped and
tile hung and brick dormer with main roof sweeping down over catslide to
either side. Gable end wing to left with hip to rear. Irregular casement
fenestration, single storey extension to end with stable style door.
Further half-glazed door in gabled porch to right of centre.
Listing NGR: SU9512444963
Other nearby listed buildings