This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2027 / 51°12'9"N
Longitude: -0.6641 / 0°39'50"W
OS Eastings: 493424
OS Northings: 145678
OS Grid: SU934456
Mapcode National: GBR FCT.DX7
Mapcode Global: VHFVS.F1RB
Entry Name: Barn, 3 Yards to Rear of Farm Manager's Office at Cross Farm
Listing Date: 21 May 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1188979
English Heritage Legacy ID: 288397
Location: Shackleford, Guildford, Surrey, GU8
Civil Parish: Shackleford
Built-Up Area: Shackleford
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Shackleford and Peper Harow
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 94 NW SHACKLEFORD CP THE STREET
2/132 Barn, 3 yards to rear
of Farm Manager's Office
at Cross Farm
See Also Puttenham Lane.
Barn and store. Circa 1911 by Sir Edwin Lutyens for Sir Edgar Horne.
Brown brick with tile-on-edge dressings and plain tiled roofs, half-hipped
over barn and hipped over store. Rectangular barn lying parallel to road
with store and storeroom behind.
Barn: one storey and attic with facade facing Puttenham Lane. Four hipped
roof, leaded casement dormers with four casements below under eaves.
Right hand return front - large 15-light wood framed, leaded mullioned
and transomed window under half hip. Four-light casement to left under
projecting "eyebrow" hood, door to centre of ground floor under similar
Rear: facing yard - square store building to right with double doors to
centre of ground floor. Lower hipped roof wing to left with double doors
to left end and door to right of centre flanked by two casement windows.
Listing NGR: SU9342445678
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings