History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Barn Approximately 50 Metres South West of Slyfield House

A Grade II Listed Building in Mole Valley, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.3085 / 51°18'30"N

Longitude: -0.3759 / 0°22'33"W

OS Eastings: 513303

OS Northings: 157853

OS Grid: TQ133578

Mapcode National: GBR 4Z.CXG

Mapcode Global: VHFVC.FCNQ

Entry Name: Barn Approximately 50 Metres South West of Slyfield House

Listing Date: 24 August 1990

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1189012

English Heritage Legacy ID: 290466

Location: Mole Valley, Surrey, KT11

County: Surrey

District: Mole Valley

Town: Mole Valley

Electoral Ward/Division: Fetcham West

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Great Bookham

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in
Bookham

Listing Text

GREAT BOOKHAM COBHAM ROAD
TQ/15/NW (east side)
2/77
Barn approx.50 metres south-west
of Slyfield Farm

GV II

Barn, now hall. Dated 1806 internally; altered. Weatherboarded timber frame on
brick plinth, red tile roof (plus some modern additons in concrete block painted
white). Rectangular 7-bay plan on east-west axis, with opposed wagon entrances
in the centre, plus an open wagon portal at the east end (partitioned from the
main structure, and serving as a passage into the farmyard). The north front (to
the farmyard) has a central porch with boarded doors, arch-braces to the lintel,
and a hipped roof, and the portal at the left end has a similar porch (without
doors); otherwise, this side now has modern lean-to additions of concrete block
under catslide roofs (which are not of special interest). Roof half-hipped at both
ends. The east end wall of the barn under the portal has a loading door. The
south side has a window near each end. Interior: softwood post-and-truss
construction, with arch-bracing to the tie-beams and the doorways, and queen-
strut roof; the east post of the north doorway has inscribed lettering in 5 lines
as follows: "W.E / W / EDEK / ER 1806". Unaltered except for addition of
acoustic ceiling over centre bay and gallery at west end.


Listing NGR: TQ1330357853

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.