This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.4797 / 54°28'46"N
Longitude: -1.0447 / 1°2'40"W
OS Eastings: 461996
OS Northings: 509793
OS Grid: NZ619097
Mapcode National: GBR PJ4M.MX
Mapcode Global: WHF8L.XNPN
Entry Name: East Green Beck Farmhouse and Attached Outbuildings
Listing Date: 30 October 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1189090
English Heritage Legacy ID: 333173
Location: Kildale, Hambleton, North Yorkshire, YO21
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Kildale
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Kildale St Cuthbert
Church of England Diocese: York
NZ 60 NW
6/114 East Green Beck
Farmhouse and attached outbuilding. Dated 1782 for Charles Turner,
incorporating remains of C17 house;later alterations. House of
coursed squared stone, outbuildings of rubble stone and some white
brick in English garden wall bond; pantile roofs with stone coping
and ridges. 2 storeys. Roadside elevation: house of 2+2 bays the
2 right bays being the original C18 house and having keyed lintels
to openings, a door on right now with a 12-pane side-sliding sash;
similar sash to 1st floor, left; otherwise C20 windows; stair window
has lintel inscribed "S?T CT 1782"; eaves band; shaped kneelers;
end stacks, left one rebuilt in brick. The 2 left bays may be part
of an earlier house having large untooled stone blocks to ground
floor; 1st floor of brick with stone quoins; wide doorway with C20
boarded door on right; a 12-pane side-sliding sash on each floor of
left bay; C20 6-pane casement to 1st floor right; eaves band; shaped
kneeler and end stack on left. Outbuilding on left with block
kneeler, coping removed. Outbuilding on right has blocked door
with small light, eaves band, and block kneelers. Rear two C18 bays
of house have C20 small-pane tripartite windows in openings with
keyed lintels and projecting sills; set low down on left is a
reused stone dated "April : 4 :1643"; eaves band. Bays on right,
set back; have a wide doorway (in line with that at front) and a
small window. At right end, outbuilding range returns at right
angles. At left end outbuilding has stable door, eaves band, and
lean-to privy with board door on left.
Interior: house has moulded joists and floorboards; old panelled
doors; a large fireplace with chamfered, triangular-stopped wood
bressumer and added cornice (at left end of main house).
Charles Turner, for whom this house was rebuilt, was an agricultural
improver who built, or rebuilt, a number of farmhouses on the
I.E. Ridley, The changing face of Kildale (1986).
Listing NGR: NZ6199609793
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings