This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.201 / 51°12'3"N
Longitude: -0.7422 / 0°44'32"W
OS Eastings: 487972
OS Northings: 145389
OS Grid: SU879453
Mapcode National: GBR DBC.R4Q
Mapcode Global: VHDY9.22ZP
Entry Name: Clock House crooksbury House
Listing Date: 20 November 1969
Last Amended: 2 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1189091
English Heritage Legacy ID: 291598
Location: Tilford, Waverley, Surrey, GU10
Civil Parish: Tilford
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Tilford
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 84NE TILFORD C.P. CROOKSBURY ROAD
1/89 Clock House and
20/11/69 Crooksbury House
Former stable block, now cottages. 1890, rebuilt 1901 in "Wrenaissance" style by
Sir Edwin Lutyens. Red brick below with hipped and gableted plain tiled roofs.
Wooden cupola to centre over elliptically arched throughway. Single storey on brick
plinths with deep eaves and projecting wings to ends. Multiple stack to apex of
left hand roof, front stack to left side of right hand roof, end stack to right.
Central cupola with open domed upper stage over rusticated plinth with a clockface
under "eyebrow" mouldings to each face. Rebate mouldings to angles and festoon
carving on entrance face. Egg shaped leaded casements below flank the keystoned,
gauged brick arch on panelled stone piers. One dormer to each end wing, gabled to
right, hipped to left, with two leaded casements on each wing below. Planked door
to centre right in arched porch recess and flanking margin light. Further door to
left hand wall of through-way. Garage wing to rear of "Clock House" with hipped
roof, central hipped double doors and flanking stable doors under 3-light hipped
dormers which links to single storey range across rear of stable courtyard.
Central splay-sided pavilion under conical roof with central stack. C2O brick
infilling in openings either side. One gabled dormer to either side with C20
fenestration below. Central glazed door in panelled and shouldered surround with
brackets and keystone block supporting leaded eyebrow head dormer above.
Listing NGR: SU8797245389
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings