History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory and Attached Stable Block and Outbuilding

A Grade II Listed Building in Courteenhall, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1691 / 52°10'8"N

Longitude: -0.8838 / 0°53'1"W

OS Eastings: 476434

OS Northings: 252902

OS Grid: SP764529

Mapcode National: GBR BX1.Z8W

Mapcode Global: VHDSC.MRM1

Entry Name: The Old Rectory and Attached Stable Block and Outbuilding

Listing Date: 3 May 1968

Last Amended: 15 March 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1189205

English Heritage Legacy ID: 234864

Location: Courteenhall, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN7

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Courteenhall

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Courteenhall

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Roade

Listing Text

SP 75 SE COURTEENHALL

5/41 The Old Rectory and attached
03/05/68 stable block and outbuilding
(Formerly listed as The
Rectory)

GV II


House, fornterly rectory. Late C18, with C19, and C20 alterations and additions. Coursed
limestone rubble, hipped slate roofs, brick lateral stacks. T plan. Central
3-storey pavilion with canted projection, rendered and with 12-pane sash windows
all with blank round trefoiled heads. 2-storey, 2-window symmetrical flanking
wings with similar windows and brick jambs and heads. 4-panel part-glazed door
with overlight and similar head to far right. Ironstone quoins. Attached
single-storey stable block to left with central blocked door with round-arched
head, flanked by 9-pane sash windows with flat-arched heads and keyblocks;
half-hipped slate roof. Linked by lower single-storey outbuilding to main block.
Datestone above door inscribed EB/1796. Garden front of main block has 3-storey
projection with canted end sash windows, those to ground floor with
segmental-arched brick heads and crow-stepped gable. Interior has chequered
stone-paved floor to hall and staircase hall. Open well stair with wood trellis
balustrade painted black and imitating a cast-iron balustrade with ramped and
wreathed mahogany handrail and carved tread ends. Library in projecting wing to
garden has fitted bookcases with segmental-arched heads.


Listing NGR: SP7643452902

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.