This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6033 / 51°36'12"N
Longitude: -0.1144 / 0°6'51"W
OS Eastings: 530680
OS Northings: 191073
OS Grid: TQ306910
Mapcode National: GBR FL.RTK
Mapcode Global: VHGQD.YYVR
Entry Name: St Leonard's House (Judge Fuller's Almshouses), St Leonard's Almshouses
Listing Date: 10 May 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1189233
English Heritage Legacy ID: 201433
Location: Haringey, London, N22
Electoral Ward/Division: Bounds Green
Built-Up Area: Haringey
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Michael Wood Green
Church of England Diocese: London
4415 NIGHTINGALE ROAD N22
St Leonard's House
(Judge Fuller's Almshouses),
St Leonard's Almshouses
TQ 3091 4/166
1904 by Alfred W S Cross. 2 storey symmetrical building with 5 1st floor windows
in main block and set back 1 window side bays. Red brick with quoins. Slated
roof with moulded and modillioned eaves cornice andcornice to wide pediment above,
which has sculptured garland and cartouche: "S C T 1904". Gauged flat brick arches
to sash windows with glazing bars, central long window opening to balcony above
bracketed cornice hood of round headed door with traceried round light and side
lights. Large round bows at either side. On 1st floor at left a bronze plaque
recording the history of the almshouses from 2 sets of charities at Hackney Road
and Old Street. At right a plaque commemorates the building of these new homes.
St Leonards House, Porters and Walters almhouse, the Commemorative Stone and
the front railings and gates form a group.
Listing NGR: TQ3068091073
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings