History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory and Attached Outbuilding

A Grade II Listed Building in Stoke Doyle, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.4631 / 52°27'47"N

Longitude: -0.4879 / 0°29'16"W

OS Eastings: 502825

OS Northings: 286088

OS Grid: TL028860

Mapcode National: GBR FY2.HG4

Mapcode Global: VHFNP.HCD4

Entry Name: The Old Rectory and Attached Outbuilding

Listing Date: 23 May 1967

Last Amended: 11 January 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1189682

English Heritage Legacy ID: 232834

Location: Stoke Doyle, East Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, PE8

County: Northamptonshire

District: East Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Stoke Doyle

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Stoke Doyle St Rumbold

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Oundle

Listing Text

TL08NW
4/111
23/05/67


STOKE DOYLE
CHURCH WALK
The Old Rectory and attached
outbuilding

(Formerly listed as The Rectory)

II


Rectory, now house. Probably C16 origins, datestones 1633, 1731 and 1790,
altered early C19 and c.1857. Squared coursed limestone with Collyweston slate
roof. Irregular L-shape plan. 2 storeys with attic. Main front, to right, has
central canted bay window with 5-light stone mullion window with transom, the
upper lights of which are blocked. Chamfered plinth and castellated parapet.
Dated 1633 in centre of parapet. C19 part-glazed door to left. Steeply gabled
roof, ashlar gable parapets and C17 stone stack at end. Late C18 brick stack to
rear. Double-gabled wing breaks forward to left. Return wall has 2-storey canted
bay window with stone mullions, similar to main front but with C19 sash windows
to first floor. Gable ends have C19 sash windows with glazing bars, under wood
lintels. Ashlar gable parapets. Datestone 1731 in right gable. Left gable
probably remodelled 1857. Stone mullion windows have leaded casements with some
original glass. Right gable of main range has 2-window range of single and
tripartite sash windows, under gauged stone heads, with single attic window in
apex. Rear elevation has datestone 1790, and C19 extensions. Interior: entrance
hall has early C19 stair with stick balustrade. Drawing room to right was part
of the original hall, now subdivided: early C19 fireplace and arch-head double
doors. Study to rear also formed part of original hall. The hall range may have
continued further to south.


Listing NGR: TL0282586088

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.