History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Tiffield, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1596 / 52°9'34"N

Longitude: -0.9799 / 0°58'47"W

OS Eastings: 469881

OS Northings: 251743

OS Grid: SP698517

Mapcode National: GBR 9VS.K38

Mapcode Global: VHDS9.YZVC

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 1 December 1951

Last Amended: 15 March 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1189734

English Heritage Legacy ID: 235009

Location: Tiffield, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN12

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Tiffield

Built-Up Area: Tiffield

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Tiffield St John the Baptist

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Pattishall

Listing Text

SP 65 SE TIFFIELD HIGH STREET SOUTH
(East side)
3/189 The Old Rectory
01/12/51 (Formerly listed as The
Rectory)

II


House, formerly Rectory. Late C18 altered late C19 and C20. Red brick with
limestone dressings. Slate roof and brick end stacks. 3-unit plan. 2 storeys and
attic; 5-window range. Central bay breaks forward and has part-glazed door with
fanlight, panelled reveals and wood surround with broken pediment. Sash windows
to ground and first floors with segmental-arched heads and keyblocks except for
late C19 bay window to ground floor far left. Stone plinth, storey band,
alternate quoins and stone-coped gables with kneelers. 3 gabled roof dormers.
C19 extensions to right and to rear. Lower 2-storey wing to rear left. Interior
has stone-flagged hall, open-well staircase with steeply ramped and wreathed
handrail and stick balusters, and depressed arched sideboard niche to Dining
Room. Stone cellar. Plain stone-coped parapet and pediment to central bay
removed c.1950.


Listing NGR: SP6988151743

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.