History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Streete Court School

A Grade II Listed Building in Tandridge, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2524 / 51°15'8"N

Longitude: -0.0491 / 0°2'56"W

OS Eastings: 536245

OS Northings: 152168

OS Grid: TQ362521

Mapcode National: GBR KKC.DFB

Mapcode Global: VHGS6.3SD8

Entry Name: Streete Court School

Listing Date: 19 November 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1189762

English Heritage Legacy ID: 287916

Location: Tandridge, Tandridge, Surrey, RH9

County: Surrey

District: Tandridge

Civil Parish: Tandridge

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Tandridge St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Southwark

Find accommodation in
Tandridge

Listing Text

TQ 35SE TANDRIDGE C.P. FLOWER LANE

6/260 Streete Court School
(frmly. Ouborough)

II


House, now school. 1775-81, remodelled in early C19. Incised render with angle
quoins, parapet largely obscuring double pile, plain tiled roof, rendered end
stacks. 2 storeys over basement with dentilled cornice over first floor. 7 bays,
centre bay breaking forward slightly; glazing bar sash windows in architrave
surrounds with.cill brackets to first floor, central window was tripartite, but
now has blocked margin lights, under flat bracketed cornice hood. Ground floor
windows under dentilled flat hoods with stone balustraded balcony across the
bottom. Central 6 panel paired doorswith fanlight in architrave surround under
Ionic portico rising through 1½ storeys. 4 Ionic columns spport entablature with
balustrade above; approached up a flight of 4 steps with iron lamps on retaining
walls. 1 bay extension set back to left end.

Interior: stone paved entrance hall with egg and dart moulding to coved, panelled
ceiling. 3 bay arched square pier entrance screen to rear of hall. When a Country
house it was the house of Sir G.G. Scott in the 1870's during which time he
undertook many of the Church restorations in surrounding villages.


Listing NGR: TQ3624552168

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.