This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.2256 / 51°13'32"N
Longitude: -0.5821 / 0°34'55"W
OS Eastings: 499106
OS Northings: 148336
OS Grid: SU991483
Mapcode National: GBR FCQ.3N8
Mapcode Global: VHFVM.VGM9
Entry Name: St Catherines Barn Approximately 20 Metres South South West of Picards Manor
Listing Date: 1 May 1953
Last Amended: 15 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1189992
English Heritage Legacy ID: 289093
Location: Guildford, Surrey, GU2
Electoral Ward/Division: Shalford
Built-Up Area: Guildford
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Guildford St Nicolas
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
GUILDFORD SANDY LANE
3/226 Barn approx 20 metres
1/5/53 South-Southwest of
Barn. Circa 1700. Timber framed on tall rubblestone plinth and gable ends. Brick
and stone to front aisle with plain tiled roof extending down in catslide over.
Seven framed bays with central entry under gabled midstrey.
Interior:- Earth floor. Staggered butt-purlin roof with Queen-post trusses. Arched
braces to main posts flanking entrance, tension bracing above middle rail. The barn
was formerly listed as one item with Picards Manor.
Listing NGR: SU9910648336
Other nearby listed buildings