History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Stone House

A Grade II Listed Building in Eydon, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1578 / 52°9'28"N

Longitude: -1.2169 / 1°13'0"W

OS Eastings: 453666

OS Northings: 251345

OS Grid: SP536513

Mapcode National: GBR 8T4.R4Z

Mapcode Global: VHCVX.V1J5

Entry Name: The Stone House

Listing Date: 4 February 1969

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1190057

English Heritage Legacy ID: 234088

Location: Eydon, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN11

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Eydon

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Eydon St Nicholas

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Byfield

Listing Text

EYDON BARNETT'S HILL
SP55SW
1/59 The Stone House
04/02/69

II

House. Datestone 1705. Squared coursed ironstone, tiled roof, stone stacks.
Lobby entry. 2 storeys, cellar and attic, 3 bays. Central doorway with 4-centred
arch, square hood and diamond shaped shops, and C20 panelled door. Sundial above
inscribed WT/1705. 3-light window to left with square stone hood, wood mullions
and old iron casement. 3-light stone mullioned window to right with square hood.
Similar windows in outer bays on first floor. 2-light stone mullioned window in
centre. Coped gable ends with kneelers. Stack to right of centre and on left
gable. Extension to left, early C18, similar materials. One storey and attic,
one bay. 2-light stone mullioned windows on ground floor; coped gable end with
kneelers. Two blocked one-light attic windows with moulded stone frames on left
side. Between them stone plaque inscribed TWH/1705. Interior: Winder staircase
opposite entrance. Chamfered spine beams. Open fireplace with original bressumer
and C20 grate. Original roof structure. Low brick wall adjoining house to right,
C18/C19, with C18 niches for straw bee-skips.


Listing NGR: SP5366651345

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.