This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0917 / 52°5'30"N
Longitude: -1.2862 / 1°17'10"W
OS Eastings: 448999
OS Northings: 243950
OS Grid: SP489439
Mapcode National: GBR 7SH.ZK2
Mapcode Global: VHCW2.NPDB
Entry Name: Old Rectory
Listing Date: 22 May 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1190169
English Heritage Legacy ID: 234350
Location: Chacombe, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, OX17
District: South Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Chacombe
Built-Up Area: Chacombe
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Chacombe St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
CHACOMBE WARDINGTON ROAD
SP4943 (East side)
10/79 Old Rectory
House. C18, incorporating earlier work. Remodelled c.1840. Coursed limestone and
ironstone rubble; slate roof, brick stacks. L-plan, 2 storeys and attic, 3 bays.
Central gabled stone porch, C19, has 4-centred arch and fanlight with "Gothick"
glazing bars. Inner doorway with fanlight and C19 glazed double doors. Sash
windows with plain stone frames on either side. Plain string course at first
floor level. Sash windows on first floor have C19 square stone hoods. Moulded
wood cornice. Overhanging eaves with scalloped wooden bargeboards. Lower wing
projecting from left at rear. Probably C17, altered C19. Two storeys with 4
large stone buttresses. 5-light window with moulded wood mullions on ground
floor. C19 windows on first floor with C19 square stone hoods and small gables.
Interior: Rear wing remodelled C19 and C20 but ceilings have chamfered joists.
Listing NGR: SP4899943950
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings