This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1093 / 53°6'33"N
Longitude: -2.1804 / 2°10'49"W
OS Eastings: 388019
OS Northings: 356914
OS Grid: SJ880569
Mapcode National: GBR 135.1KY
Mapcode Global: WHBCF.G3YP
Entry Name: Coachman's House to Fairhaven, and Section of Stable Yard Wall
Listing Date: 20 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1190232
English Heritage Legacy ID: 275258
Location: Biddulph, Staffordshire Moorlands, Staffordshire, ST8
District: Staffordshire Moorlands
Civil Parish: Biddulph
Built-Up Area: Biddulph
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Knypersley St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
BIDDULPH C.P. TUNSTALL ROAD, Knypersley
SJ 85 NE
7/50 Coachman's House to
- Fairhaven, and section
of stable yard wall
Coachman's house. Circa 1850, possibly with earlier core, by R.C. Hussey.
Coursed stone; blue machine tile roof; verge parapets on corbelled
kneelers; twinned stone end stacks. Single-storey frontage of 2 block
mullioned casement windows flanking central, projecting finialled gablet
with blind circular opening to first floor over Tudor-arched boarded door.
Lower wing to left of slightly shorter length with boarded door and low-
set square opening to right. 2m high stable yard wall running in two
parts to north and east, entrance on north side. Coach-house (q.v.) to
east. Part of a group built for the Batemans.
Listing NGR: SJ8801956914
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings