This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9651 / 52°57'54"N
Longitude: -2.2025 / 2°12'8"W
OS Eastings: 386497
OS Northings: 340883
OS Grid: SJ864408
Mapcode National: GBR 14W.1Z6
Mapcode Global: WHBD0.4QGQ
Entry Name: Remains of Trentham Hall the Grand Entrance and Orangery
Listing Date: 24 January 1967
Last Amended: 25 April 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1190243
English Heritage Legacy ID: 272366
Location: Swynnerton, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST4
Civil Parish: Swynnerton
Built-Up Area: Stoke-on-Trent
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Trentham St Mary and All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SWYNNERTON PARK DRIVE (OFF)
Remains of Trentham Hall:
The Grand Entrance and
(formerly listed as
Winter Garden at Trentham)
SJ 84 SE 2/13 24.1.67.
1833-42. Architect: Sir Charles Barry. The approach to Trentham Hall was originally from the west and this Grand Entrance formed part of the west front. Italianate. Plastered brick and ashlar. Single-storeyed arcaded range with unfluted Ionic columns defining bays and balustrade above cornice. Centre is semi-circular on plan with side wings, that on right-hand side incorporating Heathcote Tatham's Orangery of 1808. Impressive porte-cochére projects at centre with massive carved coats of arms above the 3 arched entrances.
Listing NGR: SJ8649740883
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings