This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9164 / 52°54'58"N
Longitude: -2.222 / 2°13'19"W
OS Eastings: 385167
OS Northings: 335463
OS Grid: SJ851354
Mapcode National: GBR 15F.31Z
Mapcode Global: WHBD5.VY2M
Entry Name: Chapel of Our Lady of the Assumption
Listing Date: 25 April 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1190309
English Heritage Legacy ID: 272377
Location: Swynnerton, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST15
Civil Parish: Swynnerton
Built-Up Area: Swynnerton
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Swynnerton and Cotes Heath
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
Chapel of Our Lady
of the Assumption
SJ 83 NE 5/15
1868-9. Roman Catholic. Architect: Gilbert Blount. Built next to Swynnerton Hall
(qv). Late C13 Gothic style much in the manner of Pugin, whose pupil Blount was.
Stone with tile roof. Nave with gallery, south arcade (ritually south), chancel
with public chapel on west side, and bellcote. Richly decorated interior. Included
for architectural interest.
Listing NGR: SJ8516735463
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings