This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8745 / 50°52'28"N
Longitude: 0.0198 / 0°1'11"E
OS Eastings: 542205
OS Northings: 110271
OS Grid: TQ422102
Mapcode National: GBR KQ2.5TS
Mapcode Global: FRA B6XS.KKD
Entry Name: Lamb House
Listing Date: 25 March 1952
Last Amended: 27 August 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1190338
English Heritage Legacy ID: 293004
Location: Lewes, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: Lewes
Built-Up Area: Lewes
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Lewes St Thomas at Cliffe with Lewes All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 28/09/2012
TQ 4210 SW
(east side) Cliffe
No 3 (Lamb House)
(Formerly listed as nos 3 and 4)
House, C17, clad in mid C18. Red and blue brick chequer on ground floor with painted
tile - hanging on first floor. Underbuilt wooden bressumer to first floor jetty.
Wooden modillion eaves cornice to plain tiled roof with stack to right and hipped
dormer off-centre to left. Two storeys and attic; 3 window front, casements on
first floor, sashes on ground floor. Central panelled door with glazed upper panels
and flat hood on brackets over. Interior: there is an C18 partition made up of late
C17 Coromandel panels between hall and ground floor room, discovered in 1967 covered over with extracts from the Lewes Journal for 1794, 1795 and 1796; the panels to the corridor show a lotus pond and the panels to the room show a hunting scene.
Listing NGR: TQ4220510271
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings