This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1395 / 54°8'22"N
Longitude: -1.4961 / 1°29'45"W
OS Eastings: 433019
OS Northings: 471631
OS Grid: SE330716
Mapcode National: GBR KNZK.XW
Mapcode Global: WHC7V.Z6RY
Entry Name: Stables to Sharow Hall
Listing Date: 6 March 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1190355
English Heritage Legacy ID: 330999
Location: Sharow, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG4
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Sharow
Built-Up Area: Sharow
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Sharow with Copt Hewick and Marton-le-Moor
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 37 SW SHAROW SHAROW LANE
(south side, off)
2/77 Stables to Sharow Hall
Stables. Late C18 - early C19. Possibly by John Carr. Red brick, English
bond, blue slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 bays; the central bay projects forward
slightly and has 2 round-arched carriage entrances, doors missing. Left
bay has 2 tall round-arched entrances with board stable doors and oculus
between. Right bay has similar stable doors with central inserted double
door. First-floor band; each bay has a row of 3 oculi, most containing
lattice panels. Central bay has oculus in gable and stone coping with
kneelers. Hipped roof. Weather vane has compass points and penant with
date 1808 cut on it. Left return: stone steps to board door at first floor.
Right return attached to east range of Sharow Hall (qv).
Listing NGR: SE3301971631
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings