History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St John (And Attached School House)

A Grade II* Listed Building in Fawfieldhead, Staffordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1561 / 53°9'21"N

Longitude: -1.8761 / 1°52'34"W

OS Eastings: 408380

OS Northings: 362115

OS Grid: SK083621

Mapcode National: GBR 35N.0J4

Mapcode Global: WHCDB.4XWV

Entry Name: Church of St John (And Attached School House)

Listing Date: 5 June 1985

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1190390

English Heritage Legacy ID: 274236

Location: Fawfieldhead, Staffordshire Moorlands, Staffordshire, SK17

County: Staffordshire

District: Staffordshire Moorlands

Civil Parish: Fawfieldhead

Traditional County: Staffordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire

Church of England Parish: Longnor St Bartholomew

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Sheen

Listing Text

In the entry for FAWFIELD C.P. REAPS MOOR
Church, School and
Schoolhouse, frontage
railings and gates

The Parish title shall be amended to read: FAWFIELDHEAD C.P

------------------------------------

SK 06 SE FAWFIELDHEAD C.P. REAPS MOOR

5/24 Church of St John (and
- attached School and School
House)

- II*

Chapel of Ease, school and school house and frontage railings. Dated 1842.
Coursed stone with block dressings; blue machine tile roof; verge
parapets. Unusual plan of first floor church over school and adjoining
school house under same ridge. End stacks to accommodation, octagonal
to main block. Two- and three-storey frontage of 3-1 bays, three-
bay, two-storey church and school to left in 32-pane fixed lights to
first floor, two three-light mullioned casements to ground floor with
flat-roofed single-storey porch between; steps at left to lower set-
back two-storey porch, first floor entrance with moulded surround and
corbelled hood dated to south side; bellcote over south gable of church
and cross over porch. School house in two-light mullioned casements,
with labels, C20 door to left; lower recessed two-storey wing to right
similar. Frontage railings in cast iron, spearhead-type including gates;
laid on stone plinth and taken up to stone end posts.


Listing NGR: SK0838062115

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.