This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1791 / 53°10'44"N
Longitude: -1.8746 / 1°52'28"W
OS Eastings: 408479
OS Northings: 364670
OS Grid: SK084646
Mapcode National: GBR 358.LX2
Mapcode Global: WHCDB.5CL6
Entry Name: Longnor Sawmill
Listing Date: 1 February 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1190392
English Heritage Legacy ID: 274240
Location: Heathylee, Staffordshire Moorlands, Staffordshire, SK17
District: Staffordshire Moorlands
Civil Parish: Heathylee
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Longnor St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SK 06 SE HEATHYLEE C.P. -
5/28 Longnor Sawmill
Sawmill. Early C19. Coursed stone, ashlar quoins, and block dressings,
blue tile roof (one-third remaining at time of resurvey). Two-storey,
6-bay (1-2-1-2) front with later gabled two-storey projections to left
and to centre. Centre with verge parapets and end stacks with
moulded capping. Round-arched window openings with fixed lights and
keystones over to first floor main range; round-arched entrances of
various sizes positioned below excepting right hand bay with additional
round-arched door and square headed window to extreme right; projecting
wings contain smaller, irregularly-placed rectangular lights.
Interior: cast iron overshot wheel housing and running gear, (fed from
rear) remain, some later transmission gear; vaulted mill race return.
The mill has served several purposes, including sawmill and bone
crushing mill. Undergoing restoration and rebuilding at time of
resurvey (June 1984).
Listing NGR: SK0847964670
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings