History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Mill Farmhouse and Attached Mill

A Grade II Listed Building in Uttoxeter Rural, Staffordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9196 / 52°55'10"N

Longitude: -1.8977 / 1°53'51"W

OS Eastings: 406977

OS Northings: 335807

OS Grid: SK069358

Mapcode National: GBR 38B.T7G

Mapcode Global: WHBDB.TWJ3

Entry Name: Mill Farmhouse and Attached Mill

Listing Date: 8 August 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1190400

English Heritage Legacy ID: 273911

Location: Uttoxeter Rural, East Staffordshire, Staffordshire, ST14

County: Staffordshire

District: East Staffordshire

Civil Parish: Uttoxeter Rural

Traditional County: Staffordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire

Church of England Parish: Stramshall St Michael and All Angels

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Uttoxeter

Listing Text

SK 03 NE UTTOXETER RURAL C.P. STRAMSHALL

3/203 Mill Farmhouse and
- attached mill

GV II

Farmhouse and mill. Mill dated 1771, farmhouse early mid-C19. Red brick painted
white; plain tile roof; brick integral end stack and ridge stack. House to right,
gabled mill to left. House: 3 storeys, reduced proportions to second floor,
dentilled eaves; 3 bays, 16-pane glazing bar sashes with small horns, ground-floor
windows have raised keystones; central 4-panelled door with gabled timber porch.
Mill: 3 storeys; one bay, large garage opening to ground-floor right and small
boarded window opening to left with segmental head, first floor central boarded
door with segmental head, and plaque to right dated S , second floor central gabled
projection with open floor
J M for hoisting. Single-storey wheel house to left.
1771 Interior: Mill retains its machinery except the water wheel which
was replaced by a water turbine in 1902; king-post roof.


Listing NGR: SK0697735807

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.