This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.773 / 50°46'22"N
Longitude: 0.2658 / 0°15'56"E
OS Eastings: 559858
OS Northings: 99489
OS Grid: TV598994
Mapcode National: GBR MV7.G1H
Mapcode Global: FRA C7F1.KCQ
Entry Name: The Old Parsonage (Parish Hall)
Listing Date: 27 May 1949
Last Amended: 17 May 1971
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1190505
English Heritage Legacy ID: 293592
Location: Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21
County: East Sussex
Electoral Ward/Division: Old Town
Built-Up Area: Eastbourne
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Eastbourne St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
OCKLYNGE ROAD, OLD TOWN
1065 The Old Parsonage
(formerly listed under
Church Street, The Old Town)
TV 5999 SE 4/25 27.5.49.
Now the Parish Hall, with the Verger's house over it. Built as the Rectory
Manor House in the early C16 consisting of a hall with buttery and pantry
at the North end and solar at the south end and 4 rooms over. It now has 2
storeys and attic, 5 windows. Walls of flint and rubble with stone frames
to doors and windows. Red tiled roof. Large projecting chimney breast in
the centre of the East side. This chimney has a large fireplace with carved
stone mantel shelf. Pointed arched doorways. Square headed windows with
stone mullions, those on the ground floor on the East side having transome
as well as mullions with 3 lights above and below and dripstones over them.
Timber and plaster partitions between the hall and the rooms at each end.
Listing NGR: TV5985899489
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings