History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Oldways and Attached Walls

A Grade II Listed Building in Finedon, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3391 / 52°20'20"N

Longitude: -0.655 / 0°39'18"W

OS Eastings: 491732

OS Northings: 272074

OS Grid: SP917720

Mapcode National: GBR DY2.97B

Mapcode Global: VHFP5.LGLP

Entry Name: Oldways and Attached Walls

Listing Date: 23 September 1950

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1190513

English Heritage Legacy ID: 233676

Location: Finedon, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN9

County: Northamptonshire

District: Wellingborough

Civil Parish: Finedon

Built-Up Area: Finedon

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Finedon St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Finedon

Listing Text

FINEDON HIGH STREET
SP9172 (North side)
6/25 No.49 (Oldways) and attached
23/09/50 walls
(Formerly listed as No.49
(Oldways))

GV II


Farmhouse, now house. Datestone W/HM/TW/1711, rear is probably late C17. Squared
coursed ironstone with C20 plain-tile roof. L-shape plan. 2 storevs with attic.
Main front of 3-window range. Central C19 door has C20 wood surround. Casement
windows with wood mullions, transoms and glazing bars under wood lintels. 3
gabled roof dormers with horizontal Eliding sashes. Moulded stone cornice and
ashlar gable parapets and kneelers. Brick stacks at ends. Left gable has
datestone. Rear has some casement windows. Interior has C18 dogleg stair with
certral newel and short length of turned balustrade. Some 2-panelled doors,
chamfered and stopped spine beams and remains of open fireplaces in room to
right of entrance and kitchen; both have salt cupboards with C18 panelled doors.
C18 wall attached to right of main front enclosing 3 sides of front garden is of
squared coursed ironstone with ashlar coping. Originally used as the Dairy
Farmhouse to Finedon Hall.


Listing NGR: SP9173272074

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.