History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of Holy Trinity

A Grade II Listed Building in Deanshanger, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0495 / 52°2'58"N

Longitude: -0.8912 / 0°53'28"W

OS Eastings: 476132

OS Northings: 239591

OS Grid: SP761395

Mapcode National: GBR BYL.HHV

Mapcode Global: VHDSY.HRQ7

Entry Name: Church of Holy Trinity

Listing Date: 18 May 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1190706

English Heritage Legacy ID: 235266

Location: Deanshanger, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, MK19

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Deanshanger

Built-Up Area: Deanshanger

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Passenham with Old Stratford with Deanshanger

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Potterspury

Listing Text

DEANSHANGER WICKEN ROAD
SP7639 (North side)
18/29 Church of Holy Trinity

II

Church. Built 1853 as chapel-of-ease by Benjamin Ferrey at a cost of £3,000.
Coursed squared limestone slate roof. Chancel, vestry, nave, north aisle and
south porch. Early English style. 3-bay chancel has triple lancet east window
and lancets to south; string course at level of springing of arches carried over
windows as hood moulds. Vestry to north has gabled roof, 3-light window to north
and stone internal stack. North aisle abuts vestry and has double-chamfered door
to north-east with hood would, coupled lancet windows to north and 2-light
window to west with plate tracery and hood mould. Nave has 2-light windows to
south and west with similar tracery and lancet window to east of porch, all with
hood moulds. Double-chamfered south door with hood mould in gabled timber porch
on low stone walls. West end of nave has two lancet windows and circular
sexfoiled window to gable above, all within large relieving arch supporting
bell-cote to west gable. Bell-cote has stepped gable to 3 arches for bells.
Chamfered plinth, chamfered stone eaves and stone-coped gables with kneelers.
C20 church hall addition to north aisle is not of special architectural
interest. Interior: nave has 4-bay arcade with circular pillars and
double-chamfered arches. C19 stain-glass windows to nave and chancel.
(Buildings of England: Northamptonshire: 1973, p176; Kelly's Directory for
Northamptonshire: 1936)


Listing NGR: SP7613239591

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.