This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0338 / 54°2'1"N
Longitude: -1.2196 / 1°13'10"W
OS Eastings: 451209
OS Northings: 460036
OS Grid: SE512600
Mapcode National: GBR MPXS.RR
Mapcode Global: WHD9J.7WG0
Entry Name: Parish Hall
Listing Date: 20 October 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1190721
English Heritage Legacy ID: 332117
Location: Newton-on-Ouse, Hambleton, North Yorkshire, YO30
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Newton-on-Ouse
Built-Up Area: Newton-on-Ouse
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Newton-on-Ouse All Saints
Church of England Diocese: York
SE 56 SW NEWTON-ON-OUSE MOOR LANE
2/24 Parish Hall
Infants school and master's house now parish hall and caretaker's house. 1857
(Bulmer and Co, p768). For the Hon Payan Dawnay of Beningbrough Hall. Red
brick in English garden wall bond, stone slate roof. One and 2 storeys, 3 bays,
left bay gabled and projecting slightly. Plinth. Left bay has quoined, pointed-
arch doorway with board door to right of window with 4 shouldered-arch lights.
Above this a window of 2 trefoil-headed lights. Both windows under relieving
arches. Asymmetrical gable, lower on right, with coping. Bays 2 and 3 single-
storey, divided by coped buttress, each with a window of 5 trefoil-headed lights.
Coping. 2 gabled lights to roof slope. Ridge stack. Rear: schoolroom has
a window of 5 trefoil-headed lights to right of stack rising from eaves. 2-
light window to house (on right). Left return (house): central quoined and
chamfered pointed-arch doorway with recessed arch and inner quoined and chamfered
shouldered-arch doorway. To either side of doorway a 3-light chamfered, mullioned
and transomed window under relieving arch. Above and to left of door a window
of 3 triangular-headed lights. To left, single-storey lean-to bay with slit
window. Coping, gabled at apexes.
Bulmer,T,and Co, Directory of North Yorkshire, 1890.
Listing NGR: SE5120960036
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings