This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1151 / 52°6'54"N
Longitude: -0.9199 / 0°55'11"W
OS Eastings: 474058
OS Northings: 246860
OS Grid: SP740468
Mapcode National: GBR BXS.88M
Mapcode Global: VHDSR.03KC
Entry Name: The Round House
Listing Date: 1 December 1951
Last Amended: 18 May 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1190772
English Heritage Legacy ID: 235288
Location: Alderton, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN12
District: South Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Alderton
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Alderton St Margaret
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
GRAFTON REGIS MAIN STREET
SP7446 (West side)
12/51 The Round House
01/12/51 (Formerly listed as House
immediately S of Church
occupied by Major J.H. Fyson)
Cottage. Mid/late C17 with C20 alterations. Coursed limestone rubble, thatch
roof, brick end stack. 1 storey and attic; 4-window range, 4-unit plan. C20 door
to right of centre with wood lintel flanked by 3-light casement windows with
wood lintels. Similar casement window to far right, 2-light casement window to
far left and 2-light casements to attic floor in eyebrow dormers; all have wood
lintels. Right end facing road is rounded. Interior has chamfered spine beams
and open fireplace with cambered ogee-stop-chamfered bressumer. Blocked
inglenook and collar truss roof. Room in rounded end formerly known as the barn.
Has been two or three cottages. Brick ridge stack to blocked inglenook has been
dismantled; chimney-breast survives.
Listing NGR: SP7405846860
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings