This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4818 / 52°28'54"N
Longitude: -0.4671 / 0°28'1"W
OS Eastings: 504199
OS Northings: 288196
OS Grid: TL041881
Mapcode National: GBR FXX.GPY
Mapcode Global: VHFNH.VWFC
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Peter
Listing Date: 18 June 1955
Last Amended: 7 June 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1190787
English Heritage Legacy ID: 231746
Location: Oundle, East Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, PE8
District: East Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Oundle
Built-Up Area: Oundle
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Oundlew Ashton
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
835/1/34 NORTH STREET
18-JUN-55 (West side)
PARISH CHURCH OF ST PETER
Scanty remains of Norman church, most of rest is C13, with C15, C15 and later work and restorations. Good windows of the earlier periods. South porch perpendicular, built by Robert Wyatt and his wife, Joan circa 1485. Decorated
octagonal spire, rebuilt 1634, and the top 14 ft in 1934. C15 brass eagle
lectern. C18 font. Interior restored 1864 by Sir G Gilbert Scott, R. A. Glass
by Clayton and Bell of 1864 and Sir Ninian Comper, 1918.
All the listed buildings on the west side of North Street form a group.
Listing NGR: TL0419988196
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings