This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1034 / 52°6'12"N
Longitude: -1.1915 / 1°11'29"W
OS Eastings: 455476
OS Northings: 245315
OS Grid: SP554453
Mapcode National: GBR 8TY.5L2
Mapcode Global: VHCW4.9DHC
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 4 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1190888
English Heritage Legacy ID: 234205
Location: Sulgrave, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, OX17
District: South Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Sulgrave
Built-Up Area: Sulgrave
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Sulgrave St James the Less
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
SULGRAVE MAGPIE ROAD
SP54NE (South side)
4/176 The Old Vicarage
House, formerly Vicarage. C17/C18. Remodelled and enlarged c.1850. Coursed
limestone rubble, tiled roof, flanking stone stacks. L-plan. 2 storeys and
attic, 3 bays. Central sash window with side lights and wood lintel. Similar,
but smaller windows on either side. Sash window with side lights and wood
lintels to outer bays on first floor, plain sash window in centre. Three C19
gabled attic dormers. Coped gable ends with kneelers. C19 stone porch on right
side, 2 storeys with battlemented parapet, has doorway with 4-centred stone arch
and half-glazed door. Sash window on first floor. C19 gabled extension to left
side of house with oriel window. Interior: Open fireplace with timber bressumer.
Staircase, C19 with twisted balusters and curved handrail. Remodelling of c.1850
is said to be by G.E. Street.
Listing NGR: SP5547645315
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings