History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stores and House Attached

A Grade II Listed Building in Sulgrave, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1045 / 52°6'16"N

Longitude: -1.1878 / 1°11'15"W

OS Eastings: 455728

OS Northings: 245441

OS Grid: SP557454

Mapcode National: GBR 8TZ.0JL

Mapcode Global: VHCW4.CCFJ

Entry Name: Stores and House Attached

Listing Date: 4 February 1969

Last Amended: 4 July 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1190949

English Heritage Legacy ID: 234216

Location: Sulgrave, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, OX17

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Sulgrave

Built-Up Area: Sulgrave

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Sulgrave St James the Less

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Sulgrave

Listing Text

SULGRAVE SCHOOL STREET
SP54NE (East side)
4/187 Stores and house attached
04/02/69 (Formerly listed as The
Stones)

GV II

House. Early C18. Coursed squared limestone slate roof flanking brick and stone
stacks, storeys and attic, 5 bays. Central doorway with plain stone surround,
plank door and flat stone hood on scroll brackets. All windows have 2-light wood
casements with transoms and keystoned lintels. Flat-roofed attic dormers with
C20 casements. Coped gable ends with kneelers. Stores, to left, C19. Coursed
limestone rubble, slate roof, brick stacks. 2 storeys, 4 bays. C19 shop front
has doorway in second bay from right with moulded hood surround and half-glazed
door flanked by 2-light plate glass windows, all under moulded wood cornice with
hood on scroll brackets. C20 three-light casement win dow to left. 3-light
casement windows with wood lintels on first floor. Interior not inspected. The
house was previously, known as St. Baldred's.


Listing NGR: SP5572845441

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.