This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1824 / 51°10'56"N
Longitude: -0.6211 / 0°37'15"W
OS Eastings: 496475
OS Northings: 143479
OS Grid: SU964434
Mapcode National: GBR FD1.ZRC
Mapcode Global: VHFVT.6J0X
Entry Name: 82 and 84, Ockford Road
Listing Date: 23 February 1970
Last Amended: 1 February 1991
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1190958
English Heritage Legacy ID: 291477
Location: Godalming, Waverley, Surrey, GU7
Civil Parish: Godalming
Built-Up Area: Godalming
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Godalming
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
GODALMING OCKFORD ROAD
SU 9643 SW
(north west side)
14/193 Nos 82 and 84
(formerly listed with
23.2.70 No 86, No 88, No 90 and
Copper Hall, now 2 dwellings. Dated 1777, for John Merriott; altered. Painted
brick in Flemish bond; plain tile roof. 2 storeys, 2 bays. Paired, central,
C20 doors flanked on each floor by 2-light, leaded, casement windows. Ground-
floor openings with segmental brick arches, apart from left-hand door (No 8).
Left-hand ground-floor window has board shutters. To centre of first floor,
datestone records (in capital letters): 'Copper Hall/built by/John Merriott/
1777'. Skylight at eaves on right. Stack at left end.
Listing NGR: SU9647643480
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings