This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1175 / 52°7'3"N
Longitude: -1.1407 / 1°8'26"W
OS Eastings: 458931
OS Northings: 246926
OS Grid: SP589469
Mapcode National: GBR 8TV.6F8
Mapcode Global: VHCW5.51SJ
Entry Name: Crown Inn Public House
Listing Date: 4 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1190976
English Heritage Legacy ID: 234223
Location: Weston and Weedon, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN12
District: South Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Weston and Weedon
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Lois Weedon St Mary and St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
WESTON AND WEEDON HELMDON ROAD
SP54NE (West side)
4/194 Crown Inn Publich House
Public house. Probably C17, refronted late C18. Squared coursed ironstone,
coursed rubble, slate roof, flanking brick stacks. 3 storeys, 3 bays, has C20
one storey stone lean-to extension across left and centre bays framing porch.
Central doorway with wood lintel and plank door. Inner doorway with wood lintel
and 6-panel door with overlight. 4-light window with wood lintel and re-used old
iron casement. Original lintel of former window of left bay remains in inner
wall. 3-light window with wood lintel and old iron casement on right bay.
Similar windows in outer bays on the first floor. 2-light window with wood
lintel and old iron casement in centre. 16-pane sash window to third floor.
Coped gable ends with kneelers. Interior: Two rooms on ground floor each have
set of chamfered beams. Room to right has C16/C17 stone fireplace with 4-centred
arch (not insitu). Room to left has open fireplace with old timber lattice work
cupboard in right side. The Inn formerly belonged to All Souls College, Oxford
and was first noted as a hostelry in 1593. Datestone, above lintel of former
window of left bay on ground floor (not internal) is inscribed 'College Free
Listing NGR: SP5893146926
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings