This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.8725 / 50°52'20"N
Longitude: 0.0139 / 0°0'50"E
OS Eastings: 541797
OS Northings: 110041
OS Grid: TQ417100
Mapcode National: GBR KQ2.BB0
Mapcode Global: FRA B6XS.P8D
Entry Name: Fountain to South of All Saints' Church
Listing Date: 29 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1191043
English Heritage Legacy ID: 293107
Location: Lewes, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: Lewes
Built-Up Area: Lewes
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Lewes St Thomas at Cliffe with Lewes All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
TQ 4110 SE LEWES FRIAR'S WALK
10/125 (north side)
Fountain to south of All Saints'
Drinking fountain and pump. Dated 1874. Stone pier on stepped pedestal.
Stone tiled pyramidal cap with ball-finial, supported corbelling; face of
pier cut back in arch around circular plaque inscribed 'ERECTED BY SUBSCRIPTION
1874'. Cast-iron pump in neo-Gothic aedicular frame with ogee-arch over.
Pump with bowl on column and tap in upper part.
Listing NGR: TQ4179710041
Other nearby listed buildings