History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Park Houses, 4 Ancilliary Buildings and Garden Wall

A Grade II Listed Building in Newburgh, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.1755 / 54°10'31"N

Longitude: -1.1417 / 1°8'30"W

OS Eastings: 456119

OS Northings: 475866

OS Grid: SE561758

Mapcode National: GBR NNG4.MY

Mapcode Global: WHD8Z.F9JT

Entry Name: Park Houses, 4 Ancilliary Buildings and Garden Wall

Listing Date: 24 November 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1191332

English Heritage Legacy ID: 332779

Location: Newburgh, Hambleton, North Yorkshire, YO61

County: North Yorkshire

District: Hambleton

Civil Parish: Newburgh

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Coxwold St Michael

Church of England Diocese: York

Find accommodation in
Oulston

Listing Text

NEWBURGH NEWBURGH PARK
SE 57 NE
3/69 Park Houses, 4 ancillary
- buildings and garden wall
- II

Gamekeeper's house, 4 outbuildings for gamekeeping uses and garden wall.
Probably early-mid C18. House and outbuildings of coursed sandstone, house with
interlocking tile roof, outbuildings with pantile roofs, brick garden wall.
House: 2 storeys, 3 bays, with projecting single-storey wings on sides. Central
doorway treated as Venetian window, with part-glazed door below 3-pane over light
with flanking windows. Ground-floor sill band. C20 casement windows, of
smaller size on first floor. Eaves band. Hipped roof. Central brick stack.
5-sided wings, with half-hipped roofs, of plain tiles to left and interlocking
tiles to right. Four outbuildings, arranged as detached pavilions, diagonally-
set from 4 corners of house, with hipped roofs and central brick chimneys, one
used as beaters' bothy, another as game larder, 2 for pheasant chicks. In front
of house, enclosing garden, brick wall of irregular curving plan, in English
garden wall bond, with pilaster buttresses central gate piers and stone coping.


Listing NGR: SE5611975866

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.