History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Home Farmhouse and Wall Attached to Right

A Grade II Listed Building in Burton Latimer, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3671 / 52°22'1"N

Longitude: -0.6813 / 0°40'52"W

OS Eastings: 489881

OS Northings: 275154

OS Grid: SP898751

Mapcode National: GBR DXN.GLL

Mapcode Global: VHFNZ.4RNR

Entry Name: Home Farmhouse and Wall Attached to Right

Listing Date: 18 January 1950

Last Amended: 19 June 1992

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1191354

English Heritage Legacy ID: 230979

Location: Burton Latimer, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN15

County: Northamptonshire

District: Kettering

Civil Parish: Burton Latimer

Built-Up Area: Burton Latimer

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Burton Latimer St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Kettering

Listing Text

BURTON LATIMER
SP8875 KETTERING ROAD
1337-0/20/4 (West side)
18/01/50 No.75
Home Farmhouse and wall attached to
right
(Formerly Listed as:
KETTERING ROAD, Burton Latimer
No.75)
GV II
Farmhouse. Two separate, probably late C17 builds, linked and
altered late C18. Limestone with ironstone bands, asbestos
slate roofs with coped gables, stone end stacks with brick
shafts. Front block of 2 loft storeys and attic, 2-window
range. 3-light small-paned casements, to ground with ironstone
lintels and flush keystones and to first floor with wooden
lintels. Single- light attic window to each gable end, that to
right probably an original gudgeon-hung leaded casement. Rear
block originally one storey and attic, roof raised to form 2
storeys, the ground floor with a board door, a 3-light
casement window to left and a single-light window to right,
all with wooden lintels. Two 3-light casement windows to first
floor. Short section with lean- to roof linking 2 main blocks
has a panelled and part-glazed door with overlight and pentice
hood and a 2-light small-paned casement window with wooden
lintel above. One-storey addition to left of rear block. A
remarkably complete historic interior: the front block has an
inglenook fireplace with salt cupboard to ground floor left
hand room, chamfered beams, raised cruck roof construction
(with carpenter's marks), plaster to attic, chimney breast
inscribed with sets of initials, one dated 1778; the link
range contains a pegged staircase in straight flights with
square newels, closed string and turned balusters; the rear
block has raised cruck roof construction and contains a
service stair, chamfered and stopped spine beam and bressumer
to inglenook fireplace in left hand room, and a part of
probably C18 pantries with original board doors, lath
ventilators and interior fittings. 2-panel doors and an
unusual number of probably C18 fitted cupboards throughout.
Wall attached to right of limestone and ironstone with pantile
coping.


Listing NGR: SP8988175154

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.