History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Woodhouse Green Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Rushton, Staffordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1623 / 53°9'44"N

Longitude: -2.1237 / 2°7'25"W

OS Eastings: 391825

OS Northings: 362804

OS Grid: SJ918628

Mapcode National: GBR 12G.PXC

Mapcode Global: WHBC2.BSY2

Entry Name: Woodhouse Green Farmhouse

Listing Date: 20 November 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1191545

English Heritage Legacy ID: 275375

Location: Rushton, Staffordshire Moorlands, Staffordshire, SK11

County: Staffordshire

District: Staffordshire Moorlands

Civil Parish: Rushton

Traditional County: Staffordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire

Church of England Parish: Rushton Spencer St Lawrence

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Congleton

Listing Text

RUSHTON C.P WOODHOUSE GREEN
SJ 96 SW (east side)

3/164 Woodhouse Green
Farmhouse

- II

Farmhouse. Late C17 with later alterations and additions. Coursed rubble; tiled
roof with left side remaining in stone slates; verge parapets to north-east sides;
brick end stack set back to south-east. 'T'-shaped plan of hall and parlour cross
wing. Single storey and attic, front in 2 parts: projecting gable to left with
lintel strings; C20 three-light casement window to attic set to bottom left of larger
C17 blocked, dressed reveal; similar but deeper window below, to ground floor, set
in C17 chamfered reveal; narrow, blocked opening to right with ovolo moulded reveal;
lean-to slightly set back to left; set-back range to right, blind, with central,
gabled, single-storey porch and boarded door. Mid-C19 wing attached to rear of
gabled part. The house has been used as an informal non-conformist chapel.


Listing NGR: SJ9182562804

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.