This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4235 / 51°25'24"N
Longitude: -0.3549 / 0°21'17"W
OS Eastings: 514476
OS Northings: 170670
OS Grid: TQ144706
Mapcode National: GBR 5L.55W
Mapcode Global: VHFTS.SHQ3
Entry Name: Stables and Garden Wall to Upper Lodge
Listing Date: 25 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1191599
English Heritage Legacy ID: 205237
Location: Richmond upon Thames, London, TW12
District: Richmond upon Thames
Electoral Ward/Division: Fulwell and Hampton Hill
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St James Hampton Hill
Church of England Diocese: London
5028 BUSHY PARK
Stables and garden wall
to Upper Lodge
TQ 1470 19/1 2.9.52
Enclosed stable yard entered through an early C19 block with carriage arch in centre
and clock. The buildings along the yard are early C18 and early C19. They are now
mostly dwelling houses and stores. The C18 range is to the late and is one-storey and
dormers, brown brick, red dressings with a central brick pediment. The remainder of
the buildings are plain early C19, stock brick, 2-storey, with some ground floor
arcading now bricked up, where were the entrances to the coach houses.
The main part of the building dates from the Regency when George IV greatly enlarged
the Royal Stud and encouraged the breeding of horses. Now part of Admiralty Research
Laboratory. Plain brick wall, apparently mostly early C18, round grounds. R.C.H.M.
Listing NGR: TQ1447670670
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings