This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.5266 / 53°31'35"N
Longitude: -1.6592 / 1°39'33"W
OS Eastings: 422690
OS Northings: 403376
OS Grid: SE226033
Mapcode National: GBR JWVN.LK
Mapcode Global: WHCBP.HM4B
Entry Name: Vicarage to Church of St Saviour
Listing Date: 27 April 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1191918
English Heritage Legacy ID: 334072
Location: Penistone, Barnsley, S36
Civil Parish: Penistone
Built-Up Area: Penistone
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Thurlstone St Saviour
Church of England Diocese: Sheffield
PENISTONE MANCHESTER ROAD
3/42 Vicarage to
Church of St. Saviour
Vicarage. Dated 1906. By Edgar Wood. Random rubble. Stone slate roof.
Two storeys, three at rear due to sloping ground. Three bays. Ashlar
entrance to left with very deep splayed jambs and 6-panel door (3 wide, 2
high). Deep lintel has central plaque punctuated with two tiny lights and
bears the date. To right is a single-storey, 7-light, canted bay window with
transoms. A 5-light window to right of this. At lst-floor level, 1, 2, 5
and 4-light windows, all with flat-faced mullions. Three stone stacks
including a square corner stack to left. Rear: 3-stormy canted bay to right
with 6-light windows, transomed to 1st floor (inserted doorway to
ground-floor window). Coped gable above. Various mullioned windows to left,
including a 3-light with transom and a tall single-light window.
Left return: on right a three-storey canted bay similar that at rear, again
with gable above.
Interior: 3 original fireplaces to ground floor (2 altered).
Listing NGR: SE2269003376
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings