This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.336 / 51°20'9"N
Longitude: -0.3588 / 0°21'31"W
OS Eastings: 514426
OS Northings: 160930
OS Grid: TQ144609
Mapcode National: GBR 5R.Q6V
Mapcode Global: VHFV5.QPP6
Entry Name: Pinewoods
Listing Date: 16 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1192323
English Heritage Legacy ID: 287004
Location: Elmbridge, Surrey, KT22
Electoral Ward/Division: Oxshott and Stoke D'Abernon
Built-Up Area: Cobham
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Oxshott
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
TQ 16SW BOROUGH OF ELMBRIDGE WARREN LANE
House. 1890 to left with extension of 1910 to right. Coursed Bargate sandstone and brick below with ashlar dressings, half timber above with whitewashed render infill. Plain tiled roofs, lower to right end. Large house of complicated plan. Tall stacks to end left, front and rear, and to centre front and rear right. Mainly two storeys with attics in large gabeled end bay to left. Entrance front: main features include gabled cross wing to left end with one 3-light stone dressed mullioned and transomed window to first floor and one round bay, S-light ground floor window. Battlemented square bay to centre with chamfered corners and central first floor projecting niche. String course over ground floor and small windows to chamfered angles. Oriel window to right of square bay on first floor under conical roof with spike finial. Two ground floor windows below. Lower extensions continue on to right in similar style. Double gabled bays to left of centre with one first floor windows to each gable, leaded, over two columned stone colonnade across ground floor. Two windows behind on ground floor and part glazed door to left. Main door to base of square bay up a flight of steps, under hood moulding and arched surround.
Interior: Plain feature is fine 2-storey hall in Jacobean style. oak panelled with 5 arcaded bays on sides with flattened arches. Lozenge keystones. Flat pierced balusters to first floor and strapwork decoration. Massive two storey hood Caen stone fireplace in French/Baronial style with strapwork overmantle and central raised panel. Block decorated pilasters over rounded, grouped columns below. Panelled and pendant ceiling to hall which is 50 feet by 30 feet by 22 feet high.
Music Room: Gesso decorations in weak Burne-Jones style. Classical references to Milton, illustrating Paradise Lost and other works. Stone fireplace with Doric columns and triglyph entablature. Panelled ceiling.
Listing NGR: TQ1442660930
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings