This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4913 / 53°29'28"N
Longitude: -1.3026 / 1°18'9"W
OS Eastings: 446370
OS Northings: 399621
OS Grid: SK463996
Mapcode National: GBR MXB2.S6
Mapcode Global: WHDD5.YHXW
Entry Name: Offices of Canning Town Glass
Listing Date: 21 August 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1192434
English Heritage Legacy ID: 335543
Location: Rotherham, S64
Electoral Ward/Division: Swinton
Built-Up Area: Wath upon Dearne
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Swinton St Margaret
Church of England Diocese: Sheffield
SK49NE SWINTON WHITELEE ROAD
6/34 Offices of
Canning Town Glass
Part of foundry, now offices. Late C19. Coursed, rock-faced sandstone
facade, brick to rear; Welsh slate roof. 2-storey elongated range,
24 windows to 1st floor. Plinth, ashlar quoins. Central waggon entrance
with quoins, impost blocks and keyed segmental arch; now infilled by
C20 glazed lobby. Ground-floor windows have projecting sills, iron
casements with glazing bars, impost blocks and keyed round arches.
Taller, sashed window to far right. 1st-floor windows as ground floor,
sill band. Central 3-bay gable with flagpole. Shaped kneelers and gable
copings. Renewed brick end-stack to left; truncated end-stack to right;
2 other ridge stacks (one truncated). Rear: ornate cast-iron balustrade
to external staircase. Formed the offices, warehouse and pattern-store
of the Queen's Foundry owned by T. and C. Hattersley who moved to this
site in 1869 and were noted for the production of domestic ranges. Wing
to rear left not of special interest.
Listing NGR: SK4637099621
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings